Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quiet

It's just David and me here at home these days. Our house used to be so full and noisy. Now the only sound is the radio or TV; the sound of my husband's happy whistle as he works outside; the scrape of dishes; snatches of conversation. But most of the time it's just quiet. I used to love the early morning because it was the only time the house was truly quiet.

So, why do I still love the early morning? Because it's a different kind of quiet. It's like getting to a concert early to get the best seat. It's anticipation (sometimes dread) for the day ahead. I like morning because the quiet of the early morning speaks of hope.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
     and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the LORD
     more than watchmen wait for the morning,
     more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6

No comments: